LED grow light is a new type of light that can supply supplementary illumination. According to testing, its wavelength is suitable for plant growth, flowering and fruiting. Abroad, LED grow lights are widely used in indoor gardens. We all realize that most indoor plants get more and more withered, which is mainly a result of the lack of light exposure. To irradiate the plants with LED light, whose spectrum needed by plants, can help to promote their growth, but also prolong the flowering period to improve the quality of flowers.
For example, if the flowering period of a kind of flower is one or two days, under the exposure of LED light, the flowering can be prolonged to 10-20 days.
If this high-efficiency lighting system is applied to agricultural production, you can make tomatoes, cucumber and other greenhouse vegetables taste better, you can also speed up the production cycle. During the winter time, the hours of sunshine are short and we have cloudy, rainy, snowy and foggy days. This will cause a serious shortage of light for those greenhouse crops. In the rainy days, the lack of light exposure can also occur, resulting in the failure of photosynthesis. LED plant grow lights can supply supplementary illumination scientifically and properly, which applies to all stages of plant growth. They can enhance the plant’s resistance and immunity, promote the prematurity, increase production and improve the quality of fruit. What’s more, to insects, they can also play the role of sterilization. Most importantly, using the LED grow lights instead of the other plant grow lights can save you 80% of the electricity.
Here is some simple introduction of LED grow lights:
1. Different wavelengths of light have different impact on photosynthesis of plants Plant photosynthesis requires light of around 400-700nm wavelength. 400-500nm (blue) light and 610-720nm (red) light make the major contributions to photosynthesis.
2. Blue (470nm) and red (630nm) LED can just provide the necessary light needed by plants. Therefore, the ideal LED plant lights are a combination of LEDs of these two colors. In terms of visual effect, lights of red and blue combination produce pink light. However, the preferable wavelength of the red LED light is 660um.
3. Blue light can promote growth of leaves; red light helps to promote flowering and prolong flowering period.
4. The proportion of the number of red and blue LEDs in the LED lights should be 4:1 – 9: 1. Ours is 8:1
5. When supplying supplementary illumination with a LED grow light, generally we should keep it 0.5 meters above the blade. 12 hours’ continuous exposure to it each day can completely replace the sunlight from the sun.
6. The results are quite remarkable. The growth rate of plant will be 3 times faster than usual rate.
Any questions, please contact us